Thursday 5 July 2012

Good Omens Coffee, Summerland

Who: Good Omens Coffee
Where: Kelly Avenue, Summerland BC
Price: tea + sandwich & salad + dessert = $15 plus tax and gratuity
Quick Verdict: I love those homemade pop-tarts way too much, and I definitely want to become a regular
Homemade Caramel Pop-tart, Peppermint Tea, Spring Salad, and a Turkey on Ciabatta

Good Omens is one of the hidden gems of the Okanagan located off the beaten path in Summerland. Good Omens has it all from the specialty (and local) coffee, delicious teas, local wines and craft beers, and wonderful lunches all at an affordable price. With obvious pride and care taken in the kitchen, the foods are excellent and are a must have for anyone visiting or living in the Valley.

I opted to sit in the patio to enjoy the famous Okanagan summer, and was greeted by mature fruit trees, a spacious patio, and a large herb garden that is sure to make a mark on any aspiring foodie.

For my main I had a turkey sandwich on a fresh Ciabatta bun finished with a light mayo, cheddar cheese, tomato, and lettuce. Although it was a seemingly simple sandwich all of the flavours were there, distinct in their own ways. The freshness and quality of the ingredients transformed a sometimes bland sounding combination into a culinary delight. Instead of the soup, I decided on the salad composed of spring greens, julienned carrots and cucumber, which was finished with a light Italian dressing which has just the amount of kick to add a little heat to the salad. It was nice and light, and the different textures and flavours brought the dish together. 
For dessert, I ordered a caramel homemade pop-tart which did not disappoint. My original plan was to share the pastry with my dining partner which unfortunately did not happen for her. The flaky and rich crust with the sweet and salty caramel filling was heaven. Whenever I pass through Summerland, my goal will be to stop for one of those indulgent treats.

Very delicious, affordable, fresh, and very accommodating. I will definitely be back.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment